Sunday, September 29, 2013

India Broadband Forum Feed

India Broadband Forum Feed


MTNL Broadband VDSL2 User Experiences

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 03:09 AM PDT

I wanted to start a new experience thread simply to discuss MTNL VDSL.

Some things to consider before/after taking a new VDSL connection

 

SNR margins (SNRM)
Below 9 dB : Poor experience with lots of HEC and CRC errors. Line will disconnect frequently.
9   - 11  dB : Ok but not ideal. Disconnections will be there if some unexpected variance is introduced by rains, humidity in the wire.
12 - 16  dB : Ideal and realistic value. Expect almost no disconnections as the line has more wiggle room for tolerating variances.
17 dB and up : God Mode. Lucky few get this on VDSL synced at 30 mbps and up. So far I have seen various stats and no one has reported this SNRM (That is because VDSL sync rates are always higher)

 

Higher you sync rate, lower the SNRM will be. Lower the SNRM, lower the connection reliability. Lower reliability means frequent disconnections. Hence ISP's have a setting in DSLAM to artificially increase SNRM value for a particular phone line. Hence you sync at lower rate and line automagically becomes stable.

 

Attenuation may not be that important after all. It reduces sync speeds over a distance but is not an indicator of connection reliability. (You can roughly calculate your line length from it. Do it here)

Apply for VDSL connection only if you are within half km. Otherwise you will get ADSL like sync rates.

I will update this entry with some of our findings. Since VDSL is somewhat new to India, this thread can help some early adopters.

 

Currently the speeds are decent for fast servers. But single streams are slow due to a bottleneck somewhere.

 

9mQXZGO.jpg

Need Suggestion for a backup broadband in Gurgaon

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 03:07 AM PDT

I have a small office setup at my home in Gurgaon and completely rely on Airtel broadband.

Of late I am seeing deterioration of Airtel services in my area where it goes down every 10-15 days for 5-8 hours at times. I am planning to get a backup internet service.

 

What do you think would be the best and affordable back up internet service for my case where at least 2-3 users should be able to connect to the internet wirelessly.

Suggestion for Printer Server cum Router

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 02:58 AM PDT

I have a SCX 4300 Samsung printer at my place which does not support WiFi printing. I also have a 450TC1 ADSL2+ router on my airtel broadband but the WiFi range is very poor on it.

 

I am thinking to purchase an equipment which can solve both purposes whereby 1) it becomes a print server for my printer and I should be able to print documents from any machine wirelessly and 2) it doubles up as a WiFi router to extend range of WiFi and let me transfer files on the WiFi itself instead of using my internet GBs.

Can Wireless transfers be done using 450TC1?

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 02:52 AM PDT

I have an Airtel broadband connection. As I understand Beetel 450TC1 is a modem cum wireless router. I was wondering is there any easy way to set up wireless transfers between two computers in the same household one having win XP and other Win 7.

 

I don't really want to use internet for such purposes for 1) it is a slow process when huge files are involved and 2) it will unnecessarily waste my internet GBs.

Phone line good but internet is very slow

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 02:44 AM PDT

Hello, I have new bsnl broadband connection and i opted for 1425 plan (4MBPs) , but i get only 0.45 MBPS and download is even worse at 25-30 kbps.The bsnl guys connected a brand new wire for my line and my phone line is also very clear.I thought i had a problem in my modem and gone to bsnl exchange to check it, there they connected my modem with my line at their at end and speed was like charm , it showed almost 4 MBPs.They told me to check my latop for virus and lan card. I backed up my data and formatted my system and installed  kaspersky in it.But still the problem exists.I am pulling my hair out thinking that what could have happed wrong,i even bought my friends laptop and checked it with my connection,but it also shows same.

These are my ADSL modem stats :

 

  DSL Status Connected  
  Downstream Data Rate 101 kbps   
  Upstream Data Rate 888 kbps   
  DNS Primary 0.0.0.0  
  DNS Secondary 0.0.0.0  
  Max Att Downstream Rate  120 kbps  
  Max Att Upstream Rate  888 kbps  
  SNR (Downstream) 8.5 dB  
  SNR (Upstream) 8.0 dB  
  Line Attentuation(Downstream) 30.5 dB   
  Line Attentuation(Upstream) 28.0 dB   
  Gateway IP 0.0.0.0 
 

Looking to buy BSNL Evdo

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 02:26 AM PDT

Hi guys,

I am new to this forums. A friend told me about this forums.

Ok I am desperately looking for BSNL Evdo, I have asked the local BSNL Exchange / Centers... but there is no availability. I have some friends, asked them to check in their places. Checked in 3 centers in Chennai, Trichy, Bangalore. Every where they sell only 3G modems.

Can anyone help me in getting BSNL Evdo? Or if anyone is willing to sell theirs, I will gladly take it.



Please help me out fellas.

Thanks

Does BSNL EVDO network available in Jaipur

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 02:25 AM PDT

Hi All,

 

I have a modem of BSNL EVDO. But I don't know how to use that  and is network available for this in Jaipur?

 

Regards

Alok

ShopClues Sunday Flea Market

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 02:20 AM PDT

want to unlock reliance netconnect+ to use bsnl evdo services...

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 02:17 AM PDT

i recently brought a bsnl cdma sim card to test evdo service, but i did not purchased whole data cards from bsnl because i already have a reliance netconnect+ which is basically huawei ec150 dongle.

anyone can please tell me the effective way to unlock it to use that sim in it.......

thanks.

 

The Offtopic Thread

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 01:54 AM PDT

Hoardings banned in Chennai?? Thats strange. I didnt knew this. Any particular reason??

Frequent Disconnection / ADSL blinking Issue on MTNL Broadband

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 01:51 AM PDT

Hi,

I am a user of 849NU plan of MTNL Triband service since August based out of Navi Mumbai.

All of August, i was very happy to have a lovely connection and good speeds, with a pretty good tariff.
But now since the past 15 days I am suffering from very intermittent net connection.
Although I am connected to the internet, sometimes the webpages take ages to open, and never open, while at other times it opens instantly. Also downloading has the same pattern, sometimes I get very good speeds of upto 200 Kbps, while other times there is no download. Although all download sites show good Triband Speed, but it is the intermittent connection that is the problem.
This problem has crept up in the last 15 odd days, and I have tried everything but no change has been noticed.

Has anyone else faced a similar problem, and if yes, whats the work around. The people at MTNL classify this as a slow connection problem, but that is exactly not the issue, as I do get good speeds intermittently.

Somebody please help me.

Over the ear Headphones.

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 01:16 AM PDT

I am looking for Headphones with good bass.

Design : Over the Ear, behind the neck.

 

Budget ~ 1000 INR.

 

Minimum internet plan required, only for video calls and some browsing.

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 01:10 AM PDT

Hello friends,

One of my neighbors is looking for an internet plan. They are an elderly couple, recently their son from abroad sent them a tab that has only wifi connection, so that they can have video calls with them when needed. They dont have any pc or laptop. My guess is its the first time they would be using internet.

Since I use spectranet and its quite good at my place i suggested them the same, where as their friends and relatives gave them other suggestions. They are yet to make a decision.

So my question is, in terms of speed what is the minimun speed plan required to make video calls over skype and how much data one would consume over calls with little browsing in a month? I need to know so that I can suggest them a limited plan that is economical as well.

Thanks!

Perfect Digital Compact Weighing Scale for Rs. 475

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 12:51 AM PDT

Not sure if deal as I could not locate the same product on other stores.

Perfect Digital Compact Weighing Scale for Rs. 475

Rush (Hollywood)

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 12:28 AM PDT

 

Release Date: September 20, 2013
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Ron Howard
Screenwriter: Peter Morgan
Starring: Chris Hemsworth, Daniel Brьhl, Olivia Wilde, Alexandra Maria Lara, Stephen Mangan, Christian McKay, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Jamie de Courcey, Pierfrancesco Favino, Natalie Dormer
Genre: Action, Drama
MPAA Rating: R (for sexual content, nudity, language, some disturbing images and brief drug use)

 

Plot Summary:
Two-time Academy Award® winner Ron Howard ("A Beautiful Mind," "Frost/Nixon"), teams once again with fellow two-time Academy Award® nominee, writer Peter Morgan ("Frost/Nixon," "The Queen"), on "Rush," a spectacular big-screen re-creation of the merciless 1970s rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda.

The epic action-drama stars Chris Hemsworth ("The Avengers") as the charismatic Englishman James Hunt and Daniel Brьhl ("Inglourious Basterds") as the disciplined Austrian perfectionist Niki Lauda, whose clashes on the Grand Prix racetrack epitomized the contrast between these two extraordinary characters, a distinction reflected in their private lives.
 

Set against the sexy and glamorous golden age of Formula 1 racing, Rush portrays the exhilarating true story of two of the greatest rivals the world has ever witnessed—handsome English playboy Hunt and his methodical, brilliant opponent, Lauda. Taking us into their personal lives on and off the track, Rush follows the two drivers as they push themselves to the breaking point of physical and psychological endurance, where there is no shortcut to victory and no margin for error. If you make one mistake, you die.

Also starring Olivia Wilde ("TRON: Legacy") and Alexandra Maria Lara ("The Reader"), "Rush" is produced by Andrew Eaton ("A Mighty Heart"), Howard, Academy Award® winner Brian Grazer ("Apollo 13," "A Beautiful Mind"), Eric Fellner ("Senna," "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy"), Morgan and Brian Oliver ("Black Swan") and executive produced by Cross Creek Pictures, Exclusive Media, Todd Hallowell and Tim Bevan. Universal Pictures will distribute the film in North America.

BCCI chief N Srinivasan under CBI net

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 12:08 AM PDT

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/chennai-bcci-chief-in-cbi-net-for-tax-evasion-on-imported-cars/380552-62-128.html
 

The CBI on Friday seized 11 cars belonging to BCCI chief and India Cements promoter N Srinivasan as part of its ongoing raids in Chennai, sources said. The sources added that Srinivasan had evaded paying tax on the imported cars.

Apart from Srinivasan, the CBI also raided the residences of the chancellor of a medical college, several other businessmen and the MGM Group of Companies.

The CBI seized seven cars from the Chancellor of Sri Ramchandra Medical college, five vehicles from GK Shetty Ramanna, two each from the MGM Group of companies and Raja Shankar, and one automobile from the owner of JRA Towers group.

 

Logitech M570

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 12:07 AM PDT

I know some people who still prefer trackballs over trackpads and mice. Anyone here who uses one? 

I could only locate one model on Flipkart. These seems to be a disappearing breed. Any recommendations? 

Star World Premiere HD on Videocon D2H

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 12:06 AM PDT

Hai Guys!

 

Is there is any gossip's or chances about adding "Star World Premiere HD in Videocon D2H"

 

star-world-premiere-hd.jpg

 

Please update...........

Twilight Turtle Night Light

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 12:03 AM PDT

Pathetic technical Support from Bharti - Airtel

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 11:50 PM PDT

I'm finally writing to explain how frustrated I'm with the technical support provided by India's leading DSL provider Bharti - Airtel. I originally started having problems with my DSL on 14th September 2013 (Saturday) that the DSL light started blinking (It usually stays on) and I could not browse the internet, Called the customer service and got an interaction ID 38556828, I was so happy to get a callback from the technician with next 3 hours. I was not at home that time but let him in to work on the problem. He called me back in 15 - 20 minutes to inform that the link seems to be down and he would get it checked from the backend and let me know. He did not answer the same day and the next day. On Monday the 16th Sep when I called the customer service I was surprised to hear that the ticket was closed without the resolution on which I suggested to get it re-opened which no one could since they were well in SLA. I got a new request raised (38605272)  to get the connection cancelled. Someone from retention called me back in just 2 hours and mentioned that they would raise a priority ticket (38615858) to get the connection fixed the same day which I agreed to and he closed (Cancellation ticket 38605272 ). SLA which I received on SMS was to get the issue resolved on 17/09 (14:00 Hrs). No one called me back till 17th evening and I had to call the customer service again for getting this cancelled. 38657068 was raised on 17th for the cancellation request, I again got a callback within 2 hours from the retention department in Gurgaon mentioning that he would personally take care of my problem today itself and opened another ticket 38615858 with the SLA of 18/09 - 11:00 Hrs. As always the Engineer did not care about the ticket, no one called and the issue stayed Unresolved with me down for 5 days.

It was a high time on 19th when I finally decided not to stay with the Service provider who cannot provide SERVICE so I called and was informed that he is not senior enough to raise a disconnection request and that he would get the request escalated which I denied mentioning not to escalate since I do not want to use AIRTEL anymore.

Multiple tickets 38777910 / 38817618 / 38848744 / 38980044 have been raised since then with NO LUCK at all. A Service manager called me from his personal cellphone on 26th September (Which I liked) that he is personally taking care of my problem and would follow it up and get it resolved the same day. Which did not happen even while I'm writing it on 27th September about 16:00 Hrs

 

 

Toshiba Hayabusa 8GB Pen Drive for Rs. 298

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 11:46 PM PDT

Courier Boy Kalyan

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 11:45 PM PDT

Raja Rani

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 11:44 PM PDT

 

 

First teaser of Raja Rani, Fox Star Studios & AR Murugadoss' 3rd Tamil venture. Raja Rani is a romantic comedy for all age groups, with a stellar star cast, revolving around the lives of two indifferent people (Arya & Nayanthara), who get married to each other. Directed by Atlee and music composed by G.V Prakash.
Starring: Arya, Nayanthara, Santhanam, Jai, Nazriya, Sathyan, Manobala and Satyaraj

 

Hello Ladies

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 11:41 PM PDT

Ja'mie Private School Girl

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 11:36 PM PDT

Getting On

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 11:35 PM PDT

Flipkart Deal of the Day: 55% off on sports shoes

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 11:35 PM PDT

BSNL Broadband FN Combo 600

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 11:30 PM PDT

Does Bsnl BBG FN Combo 600 charges for the Land line rental .

 

What does 'FN' stands for.

Rajjo

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 11:28 PM PDT

 

Four Pillars Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. presents Rajjo. National Award Winning Actress Kangana Ranaut is coming to steal your hearts in Sahitya Akademi National Award winner Vishwas Patil's directorial debut. Catch the theatrical trailer on 27th September, 2013.

Cast - Kangana Ranaut, Paras Arora, Prakash Raj, Mahesh Manjrekar, Jaya Prada, Upendra Limaye
Written & Directed by - Vishwas Patil, Producers - M.H. Shah & U.A. Karande, Cinematographer - Binod Pradhan, Music - Uttam Singh, Lyrics - Sameer Anjaan & Dev Kohli, Executive Producer - Priyadarshini

Rajjo is set to release in theatres on 15th November, 2013.

 

 

 

Bhaag Milkha Bhaag

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 11:18 PM PDT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4760kepFq-s&feature=em-uploademail

Presenting first look of much awaited movie "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" starring Farhan Akhtar and Sonam Kapoor. It is directed by astonishing director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra.and written by Prasoon Joshi

Music of this movie is composed by Shankar Ehsaan Loy.


RUN FORREST RUN!

farhan akhtar is milkha singh? :o

Healthkart - Beware

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 11:16 PM PDT

I ordered Biotique soaps from HK last week amongst other items. Each soap is Rs 70 and I expect them to send me normal stuff which I get in store. Instead they have shipped me 15 month old stock with the wrappers a mess and the soap damaged and powdery. Looks like they buy scrap and resell at MRP. I bought Brut soaps too, but those were fine. It was the Biotique ones that were a waste. Suggest you guys be aware before ordering here.

All new plans of Reliance Broadband Thunder Plans are fake

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 11:10 PM PDT

Hello People in Rajkot,

 

I would like to suggest not to buy any plan of Broadband Thunder Plans of Reliance

 

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wired_postpaidplans.html

 

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wired_features.html

 

All matrix are fake. you will never get a speed as per your plan. total loss of money.

reliance broadband "Please don't use it"

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 10:15 PM PDT

Its very very disappointing to use RELIANCE broadband service. Guys if you really want to get frustrate then you can go for it.

If not go through what I had suffer with reliance.

 

I have applied for the connection online for reliance, upon which one guy call me after 24 hours said that he is the person who will give me the connection. I said k and he came to my place to get the documents and the money. He told me that he will be able to give the connection in next 24 hours. But when he didn't come back after 2  days also I call him back. The person told me that he will come tomorrow and fix the line. he came next day and fixed only the wires, when I asked him he told me that they don't have modem in stock so he told me to wait for 2 more days. After two days when I call him continuously he didn't even bother to receive the call. Somehow I manage to call their higher authority and got the connection done with heavy frustration.

Finally I got my connection on 15 august 2013. I work for 24 hours perfectly. After that it suddenly stop working. I complained to customer care, They said they have taken down my complain and provided me with the complain number and they also said that my issue will be resolve in 24 hours. Believe me  I was very shocking for me when I call then asked for the status of my complain, they said  its already been sorted out. When I said nothing is done, and still internet is not working, they took my complain and again provided me with the second complain number. After few days when I asked for the termination of the connection they asked to keep patience and your issue will be resolve in next 24 hours.

All the above mention are the initial problem I face with reliance.

 

After that also , the connection get fail quiet frequently, MY suggestion to you all is that "DON'T USE RELIANCE BROADBAND"  if you don't want to a waste your time after that. Previously I had use airtel, I think I m going to continue with that now. Its a bit expensive but you will  not have complain in the connection part.

 

Also I should not for get to mention that to call reliance customer care is one of the biggest headache and time waste. because it take its own luxury time to get connect. I think there is shortage of staff or are not trained properly.

Feedback required for a story being done by CNBC Awaaz

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 09:44 PM PDT

I am doing a story on slow broadband speeds in India. It would be really nice if I could get an insight into the problem faced by broadband consumers probably through a brief interview/interaction with you. I would also like to know if consumers are getting any relief from Trai.


Alright. Post your feedback in concise points. I personally have no clue about TRAI helping out broadband customers in India. From what I read here, nodal officers and that pgportal something?

Intex Aqua i4

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 08:38 PM PDT

http://www.androidos.in/2013/09/intex-launches-aqua-hd-aqua-i4-android-phones-india/
 

 

The smartphone comes with a 5-inch FWVGA display, Android 4.2, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 2000 mAh battery and 8MP rear camera. The smartphone also features 1.3MP front camera, and microSD card slot. The smartphone will sell for INR 9,490.

 

Intex Aqua HD

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 08:36 PM PDT

http://www.androidos.in/2013/09/intex-launches-aqua-hd-aqua-i4-android-phones-india/

 

 

Intex Aqua HD features a 4.7-inch IPS 720p HD display, Android 4.2, 1.2GHz quad-core processor, 1GB of RAM and 1800 mAh battery. The phone also packs 4GB of storage, usual connectivity options, 13MP rear camera, and 5MP front camera. It has been priced at INR 15,900.

 

Gionee Elife E6

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 08:34 PM PDT

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/gionee-elife-e6-full-hd-smartphone-launched-390704

 

The smartphone, which features a unibody design, sports a 5-inch OGS(One-Glass-Solution) AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080x1920 pixels and pixel density of 441ppi. The phone is extremely thin at just 6.18mm, and weighs 128 grams.


Gionee Elife E6 is powered by a 1.5GHz Mediatek quad-core processor, along with 2GB of RAM. The internal storage offered by the phone is 32GB. 

The Gionee Elife E6 sports a 13-megapixel auto focus rear camera, which also includes a second generation BSI sensor, along with an LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with a 28mm lens. Both cameras support 1080p video recording.

The phone runs Android 4.2 with its own custom Amigo UI layer. The phone is powered by a 2020mAh battery.

 


It also features motion sensing features allowing users to answer phones by directly raising it up to their ears, answer calls by sweeping a hand over the screen, flip between pictures by a sweeping motion,and automatically play/pause videos when the user looks away from the screen, among other gestures. 


The Gionee ELIFE E6 is available in Black and White colour variants with matching colour cases. The phone will be available in China starting mid-July for a suggested price of CNY 2699 (Rs. 26,250 approximately). It will be available in India after August 2013, according to the company.

Cheapest Deal on Sony Xperia Z1 in India?

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 07:50 PM PDT

FlipKart is showing it as Coming Soon. Official pricing is Rs 44,990. Should go up for sale on most sites by the end of the day I guess.

 

Rs. 42499 on Flipkart: 

 

White
Black
Purple

  • Date: 3:21 AM
  • Author:
  • Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment