Wednesday, December 26, 2012

India Broadband Forum Feed

India Broadband Forum

India Broadband Forum Feed


Thundered by Reliance Broadband: A Horror Story..

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 03:07 AM PST

I have been subscribed to the Reliance Broadband Since last two months and after jumping ship from MTNL and before that from Airtel..
I thought dealing with any private player would be a cakewalk after dealing with MTNL.. but I was wrong very much.

I have had the Reliance BB connection since 27 October.. I started with their Thunder 1099 – 4 Mbps plan… The connection worked fine more or less and I had accepted the fact that my connection would work for 4-5 days a week. The DSL light would blink on late Friday or Saturday and would remain same until Monday morning.. I reconciled thinking that it may be a temporary thing.. However seeing the erratic connection I downgraded the connection to 2 Mbps -699 plan thinking that would be sufficient for me..

I was managing with this erratic connection until I noticed on first week of December that by Download speed would never exceed 0.7 Mbps in a 2 Mbps connection.. on checking the stats I found out that the "Downstream Line rate" was set at 1024kbps. . I had to constantly call them and emailed them for 4-5 days until they reset my profile on 12th Dec..

However the joy was very short lived for less them a day as the DSL light became unstable (blinking) the very next day on 13th December..I called them everyday 2-3 times and the call center guy would just say that my complaint status was showing "solving".. after 3-4 days the local reliance technician told me that the DLC Card (I think) needs replacement.. for next 3-4 days they (call center) kept on telling with that they are replacing the Card on that day…. The local Reliance Technician would not pick up my phone…

Three days back I got a call from their local technician that they have changed the card and now I should check my connection..On Checking the internet worked for just 15-20 minutes and then I lost the net connection and the DSL light started blinking again.. again I lodged the complain .. ang dagin the horror story repeated for 2-3 days and again I got the call from the tech yesterday that they have fixed the problem..

However again the net connection worked for just 1-2 hours and the DSL light became unstable again…Neither the local technician nor the server people would pick up my call.. I have called the call center people number of time and each time they tell me that my complaint shows solving status..

I have even called the customer service 2-3 times for disconnection but they would not disconnect me either.. I am frustrated and tired.. I do not have any internet connection in my home since 13th December.. They do not rectify the problem nor would they allow me to discontinue their service..

I deeply regret for parting ways with the Airtel ... I have learnt my lessons and I have been thundered by Anil Dhirubhai Ambani

If any Anil Ambani people is reading this .. please restore or let me out..

Google Now for Android Updates

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 03:02 AM PST

:livid:

Reliance Mobile launch a Rs. 16 plan for Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 03:01 AM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by shashank983 View Post
u have zero facebook page for free use , no image nothing ,just plain fb page free on air tel

i am not talking about zero facebook. mobile facebook (m.facebook.com) & fb app (nokia s40) with images is free

Need Budget Laptop for Internet Surfing and Office for Budget around 21k-23k

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 02:48 AM PST

Why speed breakers should be clearly marked

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 02:45 AM PST

banged my car today on one of those readymade speedbreakers. nasty ones are appearing out of nowhere around the city.

NetExpress: New Broadband Service in Chennai Adyar and Gandhi Nagar

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 02:36 AM PST

There does not even seem to be a website. Even Pan Chennai seems to be being highly optimistic.

I have sent a mail.. Lets see if they respond.

Furnish an ID proof before using a PCO: Mumbai Police

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 02:31 AM PST

do the next best thing. borrow a mobile phone from someone and call. this is what terrorists would also do instead of using PCOs.

PCOs are already a dying breed. The only people I see at the few remaining PCOs are girls talking to their boyfriends. :\ Or perhaps this was like years ago because I cannot recall anything.

Pings on Reliance Broadband

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 02:29 AM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by cisco_tech View Post
Update :
My area is not ready for 4 Mbps plan and sales guy who sold the plan should not give me 4 Mbps plan as there is not enough bandwidth on my DLC and backhaul as per the NOC head. he said please downgrade it to 2 Mbps plan and i will assure you that you will get proper 2 Mbps on that plan. They are planning to upgrade the bandwidth on backhaul but it could take 2-3 months so instead of wasting money for 2-3 months he said downgrade to 2 Mbps for now and i will update you once the upgradation is done on your DLC then you can come back on 4 Mbps plan.
as for ping response to gateway he said i will check from DLC and fix the issue. it could be congestion on gateway which leads to high spikes.




So culprit is the sales guy.:angry: I am going to take up this issue with nodal and also that sales area manager (Gulshan).

and now suddenly under the reliance portal My Plan is showing nothing. it is blank. What is the procedure to change the plan ? that SOB sales guy is not picking up my phone.

Just email them at broadband@relianceada.com
Provide them the details as below:
User id :
Registered name :
Residential Address:
Phone number :
Write the details just as given on your monthly statement and then write about changing your plan.Provide them the exact plan rate and it will change within a day or two.

Reliance Broadband Thunder 699 2mbps unlimited Plan in Faridabad

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 02:25 AM PST

I'm thinking of changing to this plan from my BSNL ULD 900. But man,you're ping is off the charts for a server so close to you,200ms o.O.Does Reliance generally have poor routing?
  • Date: 3:27 AM
  • Author:
  • Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment