Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TechArena Community

TechArena Community


How to make your own free iPhone Ringtone(Windows/Mac)

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 07:19 PM PDT

For iPhone users:
Have many favorite music/songs?
Be crazy for episodes of videos or movies?
Want make them to be your own special iPhone Ringtone?

Now with the Tipard iPhone Ringtone Maker and TipardiPhone Ringtone Maker for Mac, you can easily make y

Processes

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 06:18 PM PDT

right click task bar, open TaskManager.

There are more involved solutions, but that's the quick answer.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/Russel


"Bill McAllister" <bill6mc@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:BA896472-2113-4CD2-BB8C-1891EE95BF2D@microsoft.com...[color=blue]
>I use to know how to find out what programs/processes were running.
> Jog my memory.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill Mc

This message just started coming when trying to send e mails

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 06:15 PM PDT

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Read: FM Mini Marathon', Account:
'windows mail', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response:
'550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; This account is currently blocked
from sending messages. If you don't think you've violated the Windows Live
Terms of Use, please contact customer support.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Server Error: 550, Error Nu

Intel Core i7 and Gaming

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 05:53 PM PDT

You might have heard about intel processors. Intel launches the Core i7, the successor of the Core 2 processor and it is both more efficient and more effective than its predecessor. I want to build up my own gaming pc and for that I wondering about Core i7. Whether this system will be best for should I go for AMD for some cost effective support. What are your recommendations.

2GB and 1536MB versions of the GTX 460

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 05:48 PM PDT

I am looking forward to add up 2GB and 1536MB versions of the GTX 460. I had seen the card and I had found that this has two DVI-DL, an HDMI and VGA. This probably explains the lack of DVI / VGA. So for the same I need help to decide about the same. What is cards performance while overclocking. Does the same card is better than older models. One more model ATI Radeon 5850 is suggested in this plac

Benefit of using HDMI vs analog on receiver connected to PC

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 05:43 PM PDT

I try to connect my PC via the VGA video card , to a Phillips LCD . It has a scart and HDMI . The instruction manual indicates the need to purchase a DVI - HDMI what seems to be an aber , leaving the video card is VGA . Using a DVI - VGA adapter would allow it to solve the problems . I fear a conflict or a loss of signal quality (from analogue - digital ). .Can anybody know that what is the benefi

TN or IPS for gaming/movies

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 05:40 PM PDT

I have searched about it many time on whole world wide web but still i have not got a particular suggestion as what is the best for gaming, Monitor with TN or an IPS. Actually these both could be good but i just want to know that what would be better for gaming? I have found that an IPS would be better for gaming as compare to the TN but still waiting for your comments.

Preview pane blank

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 05:20 PM PDT

Suddenly my preview pane is blank, nothing. After several seconds the bar
with To, From, etc. appears, and it shows the attachment paper clip.
Sometimes I can hit that paper clip to see the message and sometimes it says
it can't find the attachment.

What is going on here and how do I make it start acting right again????

DoubleClick.Net, GoogleAdServices?

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 05:17 PM PDT

I'm playing around with a freebie network analyzer (Colasoft
Capsa Free).

Of course 99.99% of it's output is totally opaque to me at this
time.

But one thing jumps out: even with no browser or other
applications open, packets seem tb getting sent to

AdServices.|.google.com,
PageAd.|.doubleclick.net,
GoogleAds.g.DoubleClick.net, and
GoogleAdServices.com

I'd guess reams of stuff has already bee

High speed photos: 120hz LCD vs CRT

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 05:11 PM PDT

My LG Plasma 107 cm 2003 HS " the tuner did not like the micro-cuts "! Fortunately my insurance allows me the new replacement . I will need help choosing , first I heard about the brand of Pioneer and Sharp , but also the choice between LCD and CRT. I have with the TV , a DVD player recorder , and an amp home cinema. Please suggest for which one is best for High speed photos: 120hz LCD vs CRT? Tha

Video Card for best clarity on HGTV?

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 05:09 PM PDT

I am just supporting a relative of mine configuring the system that she is able to use her 46inch Samsung with and I am stuck on what video card we have to get for this and which one would be feasible for this . Clarity of picture is most necessary for the gaming environment . What do you guys advised for a card with such type of requirements and parameters ? Currently I am just seearching for the

Red Vs Green Solo Setup

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 05:08 PM PDT

I was reading about the Galaxy GTX 460 and the Radeon HD 5850 and found that Green has advantage over the Red one. This is also because if they are used in SLI or XFire. Now I want to know what would be the scenario in case of the single card. Which one out of these 2 cards will perform better? Please let me know. Thanks.

What is acceptable backlight bleeding on an IPS monitor?

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 04:59 PM PDT

I am having a Dell UltraSharp 3008WFP which has been bought some time ago. There are no dead pixels on this monitor but i guess there is some backlight bleeding on this monitor. I just want to ask you guys that is it acceptable or shall i do something to repair it? How much backlight bleeding is acceptable for monitors ?

ATI 5770 - Poor Quality over HDMI

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 04:46 PM PDT

I was suffering with my performance in the crysis so I decided to go for a few of the benchmarks:

3Dmark vantage was having 5-15fps so I got exit ! That just did not seem absolute . After then I used to go for the 3dmark05 and terminated with the 8113 total, 4105 for CPU.

Over at notebookcheck site, the 9800M GT receives an average of 15000 which seems so annoying ! Not to indicates the enti

Best 2560x1600 primarily for gaming

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 04:42 PM PDT

Any graphics card is not equipped to display 2560 x 1600. First , even if only to display as many pixels via DVI standard ,i must be use a card with a DVI Dual Link type . Indeed, in standard DVI is limited to 1920 x 1200 , and it must link two 165 MHz TMDS signals in order to manage the 2560 x 1600 . This applies to all GeForce 7 / Radeon X1x00 middle and high end. Can anybody know that the Best

What to look for when choosing an HDTV for PC gaming?

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 04:28 PM PDT

I was about to buy a new TV but then i came to know that the HDTV would be capable of running PC games at up to 1920x1080 so i would definitely buy a HDTV. I just want to know that the on what features i should focus while buying the HDTV for gaming purpose?

Video Graphics Card Comparison

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 04:24 PM PDT

You might be lost in the dozens of references offered by NVIDIA and AMD, made various renaming do not help. To see more clearly, we have harnessed the past few weeks at a fairly daunting task, since it is present you the performance of all (with some exceptions) solutions DirectX 10 NVIDIA and AMD / ATI since the release of the first. Specific outcomes for each game will be presented on a gross ba

close down

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 04:10 PM PDT

On 31 Aug 2010, "Bill" <kermitt@bigpond.net.au> wrote in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general:

> Has a definitive solution been found to this problem?


There could be many causes and many solutions for that kind of problem,
so there won't be any "definitive" solution.

Check the Application and System event logs for clues.

Monitors that are comparable to Dell u2410?

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 04:05 PM PDT

Now i have got bored with my CRT monitor and i am gonna buy a new LCD monitor. I guess i will go for buying the 23-24" 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 resolution monitor and i have seen one monitor which is Dell u2410. But still i have not decided to buy this monitor, Can you guys suggest me some monitors comparable to the Dell u2410?

How to get smoke smell out of used video card?

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 04:04 PM PDT

I picked up a couple of old AGP cards. There was no problem with it so long. Now the problem is that they give out the smoke smell. Not a big deal I guess. I want to get rid of the smell. Please help me. I have not seen smoke coming out of it. I even do not know the real cause of this. Whether it is because of the PSU or something else. Please Help.Thanks.

World Of Warcraft lags

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 04:00 PM PDT

I have just interacted with a really bad lag spikes. At the initial stage, my system contains much more power than I require to play and I don't have any framerate related problems. My system is able to carry with the settings of 60+fps all the time on max configurations. The issue is going on with somewhere in within my system and the server. I am running with different system that I have upgrade

Recovering windows 7 lost password with Linux CD

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 03:41 PM PDT

Lost your Windows 7's password and you can not remember it? Even if you have tried your dozens of passwords to open your session, none of them work? Do not panic, you do not have to reinstall Windows completely.

Indeed, using a single CD of Ubuntu, a free utility, you will be able to reset or change the password of any session of Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.

This can also be ha

How to run a Dell 2209WA at 75Hz

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 03:37 PM PDT

I am little disappointed, I have Dell 2209WA. I was convinced to put the price for this screen telling me it was very good. Screen on and bang a red pixel in the middle of the screen. I do not know if it 's worth asking the exchange. If not , is it free removal of the screen? I want to run a Dell 2209WA at 75Hz. Any idea. Please help.

9800GX2 vs GTX460

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 03:31 PM PDT

I am running with the EVGA 9800 GX2 that I still like to have but was looking to upgrade in the future. My pockets are not real deep via and was required to stay around the 250 dollar mark. I have been searching for some benchmarks of the GTX 460 and the overclocking capacity of them and was just considering your guys opinion of which is working better performance wise. My 9800 GX2 is slightly

WLED IPS monitor?

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 03:27 PM PDT

I want to ask you guys that does IPS monitor with WLED backlight have released yet? I guess WLED would be cheaper then that of CCFL. I was having TN with CCFL, and now i am having TN with WLED. Can you guys share some knowledge about WLED IPS monitor.
  • Date: 9:04 PM
  • Author:
  • Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment